Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Remove Saved Passwords and UserNames

Remove Saved Passwords and UserNames

XP will gladly store all your online usernames and passwords. Of course, then anybody accessing that computer will also be able to access those private online accounts. Here is how to purge that information and protect your privacy.

I am not anti-storing of passwords and usernames. On my personal computer I store a bunch of usernames and passwords. I keeps me from having to login to those accounts time after time after time. However, what happens when I accidently allow windows to store my private information on a public computer? Can just anybody access my webmail now? Yep... unless you clear that information. Here is how to do it.

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type in the following and press ENTER:

rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

4. When the Stored User Names and Passwords dialog box appears, select the information you want deleted and press the Remove button.
5. Press the Close button when you are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment